As a society we are learning more and more about the Health Benefits of Myofascial Release. It provides benefits for young, old and everyone in between. It has a range of benefits such as helping athletes train, improving joint movement and stiffness, and improving mental health.
Here are some benefits of Myofascial Release for your body:
- Muscle relaxation: It helps reduce and eliminate stored tension in muscles, which aids in alleviating aches and pains.
- Suppression or reduction of trigger point sensitivity and pain: SMR promotes the release of endorphins to help reduce pain.
- Reduced soreness and improved tissue recovery: It increases circulation, allowing oxygen and other nutrients to reach the muscles and other soft tissues.
- Improved joint range of motion, which helps restore optimal length-tension relationships: It helps prepare joints for increased range of motion and loads that accompany stretching, strengthening and other dynamic movement exercises.
- Reduced adhesions and scar tissue that improves the elasticity of muscles and other soft tissues, to improve movement and reduce pain.
- Regulation of the production of compounds called cytokines, which play a role in decreasing inflammation.
- Increased activity in the mitochondria of cells, helping promote repair and growth of muscle tissue.
- Improved neuromuscular efficiency.
- Decreased neuromuscular hypertonicity.
- Decreased overall effects of stress on the human movement system.
Want to learn more? We are a local Chiropractic Office in Spokane Washington. Our goal is to help patients find health and wellness in each day. Follow us on Facebook for more weekly tips or come visit us to see how we can help you!
Chiropractic Wellness Center | 618 N Sullivan Rd #21, Spokane Valley WA | 509-926-7789